Skip to main content

Grammy Awards

The 50th Annual Grammy Awards aired last night. Overall I enjoyed them but had... some comments to make. I love to say what needs to be said and felt that this award show was in need of my comments. So... I am giving you.... drum roll please... Apearl's Grammy Recap! Don't pee on yourself with excitement! LOL


Alicia Keys opened the show doing a duet with Frank Sinatra, via technology. The green dress she wore was very cute, but I wan not feeling the up-do mohak thing.











Prince announced the winner of the best female R&B vocal award to Alicia for "No One". When Prince came out on the stage, well first my eyes had to adjust and then my ears. The women in the audience screamed for a good minute. I thought I was about to see some panties thrown on the stage!



Morris Day and Rhianna performed. They did comlab of The Time's song and "Umbrella" into "Please Don't Stop The Musc". I am not familar with Morris' group the time, but was told he was in "Purple Rain". Which to me means panties were thrown at them too or and that they all like bright suits.
I'm not even going to talk about her outfit... you can judge it for yourself!


Kanye West perfomed "Stronger" in glowing shades and jacket. His performance was simple but good. He also performed "Hey Mama" with a picture of an angel in the background. I must say that this was the most humble I have seen him. He added a new verse that included "I saw you last night in my dreams... I can't wait to fall asleep to see you again." I must admit he made me drop a tear.

He won Best Rap Album of the year. He had alot of people to than and a shot out to fellow nominees of "Best Album of the year". Then the "shut up" music began to play and he said "Come on you gon' play the music on me!" I loved that comment, but the funny part... he continued talking. He thanked everyone for their support and prayers in reference to his mother. They finally stopped the music for him when he spoke about his mother!

The performance everyone waited for, Tina Turner and Beyonce! I really liked the opening with B talking about the African-American female performers who laid the foundation for them now. Tina came out and did a song with her backup dancers. Then B came out and joined her, the did a duet of "Proud Mary." I have to admit I expected a little more hip swinging and hair shaking from Tina, but she's older so we don't break something. B picked up Tina's slack. Though she can't bend over, she does find time to get her plastic surgery done! Overall she did well but B and the dancers were hitting their dance points hard and she was... barely hitting the dance, much less the points!





Rhianna was very touchy with Jay-Z as she won her award! She gave his a long hug after their name was announced and then grabbed his hand. He quickly took it back. She was even touchy on stage... hhmmmmm.



Chris Brown decided to wear a 1983 prom suit! Atleast her left the flower colar shirt off!

Solange wore a black version of a dress she's worn before, I am assuming it's from her mom/sister's clothing line.
Akon was just there!







Aretha Franklin and Bebe Winans performed. Other gospel groups performed in an order and then did a finale together.
I'm not going to even touch Aretha's or Bebe's outfits either. Lets just say... Aretha needed to rethink the bright yellow dress and Bebe looked like he forgot is age and sexual orientation!












Fergie and John Legend performed something that she didn't sing well! We were patiently waiting for it to end!







Others... An older lady flirted with Kid Rock on national tv.
A couple award jokes were thrown at Kanye!
Stevie Wonder introduced Alicia Keys' performance. Alicia performed "No One" and no not the Reggea version either! It was... pretty bland. She tried but didn't quite make it. She did bring out the "official" electronic gitar player for AA's John Mayer. Ever since he was on the Chappell show everyone uses him! I like his music though!
Will.I.Am did a nice little flow at the end using a few popular and old song lyrics of in it.
Amy Winehouse gave a very bad performance via satillite from London. She might need the drugs she was on, back to sell albums! It was like a bad car wreck but we couldn't look away! On top of the drama of her being there! She won song of the year... I believe.
Oh, and Cher was on stage. I believe she presented an award!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Just 2 things: Prince is sexy as sin! And it's official, Amy Winehouse is a total crackhead!

Popular posts from this blog

The Wedding Industry

Today while chatting with my girls we began discussing the wedding industry. The hoopla and money associate with a wedding. During this conversation I stated that how happy I am I didn’t stick with the original budget we had for our wedding. How I would be mad if I had spent that much now that I am married. Some times I feel like I am anti-weddings. It might be from being on The Knot (TK) since this past July. Or seeing couples, especially the women, put so much work, time and focus into their wedding and its over in a snap! Some spend a year or more planning their wedding. Researching, looking, buying and stressing over every detail of it and the day is over before you know it. I am NOT saying don’t do what YOU want, but do NOT get caught up in the hype! I mean seriously, would you put this much time in planning a party? A get together? A retirement party? Nope... so why your wedding? It's technically a party. It is a celebration of your union. Definition of wedding (1) a marriage

Inappropriate Questions

I am the queen of asking questions. I ask because I rather ask than assume, but I try not to ask inappropriate questions. If only others would do so too! Here are some I get and/or hear. “What grade are you in?” Um stupid motherf’er I am GROWN! Notice the diamonds on my left hand and my wedding band. The nice business casual clothes! This is a question I get atleast once a month from some random stupid person that don’t know me and they usually get a rude response. I mean if you are observant enough to look at me and think I’m that young you need to really be observant! And I’m a sistah, yes with a H! Yall know black don’t crack! “When are you due?” This one always makes me laugh when someone ask a woman who has a muffin top stomach and is NOT pregnant! I know it’s funny to me since I don’t get that question, but still how ignorant is that! “When are you having kids?” Um lets see, never! Why are you all in our sex life? I mean really! I am going to start saying, “We

The New Yorker Cover

I was not going to address the New Yorker’s broadly publicized cover, but since it’s all over the place I will! It portrays Democratic presidential candidate, Barack Obama, in a Muslim outfit and his wife, Michelle Obama, in a militant outfit. When I first say the cover on theybf I was very upset. I understand freedom of speech but wow! It seemed like a blatant attack on Obama’s campaign to me! I was appalled at how they put it up, on the cover of all places. Then to have the audacity to call it satire! I know it was sarcasm, but just like some jokes, it did not come across well. Atleast to me! I spent some of time on Monday and Tuesday reading responses and explanations to the cover. I was not as upset after reading some of them. Others made me want to scream. Tuesday, Obama was on Larry King Live. I really enjoyed this interview. At the beginning Larry King asked Obama what he made of the cover. His response: “Well, I know it was the "New Yorker's" attempt at satire. I