Skip to main content

Frustrating

It is hard to deal with some people in my life. There are specific few in my family who annoy the crap out of me. I try to control vocalizing my frustrations, but it gets really hard.

I am sure we all have these people in our lives. There are a few types I have noticed in discussions with others. Do any of these describe someone you know?

The person that does stupid things, but blames the results on everyone or everything else. No matter what it is, it is not their fault. Life is so unfair to them and they need a break to get ahead. Though they will not take any advise given to them. Insert rolling eye here.

The person who you do not get along with, but try to. They continuously push your buttons and you wonder why you try to be nice to them! You even contemplate what charges you would get for smacking or chocking them. Of course when this person walks away everyone else tries to apologize for them like it makes it better. What keeps them from being nice and tolerant too, why do you have to be the only bigger person!

The person who says one thing and does the complete opposite. Then they have the audacity to wonder why people don’t trust their word. Um… because you’re shady and a liar! Buy a clue… no better yet buy some honesty! Heaven forbid I ask you to do something important. You’d probably say you would do it but don’t do it.

The person who only wants to talk about them and their life. You can not discuss what’s going on in your life because of this. Which personally makes me feel like our friendship / relationship is one-sided. If you bring it to their attention they try to act humble but then turn the conversation back to themselves. You know not to call this person when you need to vent. You also realize how little they know about you by comments this person makes about you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wedding Industry

Today while chatting with my girls we began discussing the wedding industry. The hoopla and money associate with a wedding. During this conversation I stated that how happy I am I didn’t stick with the original budget we had for our wedding. How I would be mad if I had spent that much now that I am married. Some times I feel like I am anti-weddings. It might be from being on The Knot (TK) since this past July. Or seeing couples, especially the women, put so much work, time and focus into their wedding and its over in a snap! Some spend a year or more planning their wedding. Researching, looking, buying and stressing over every detail of it and the day is over before you know it. I am NOT saying don’t do what YOU want, but do NOT get caught up in the hype! I mean seriously, would you put this much time in planning a party? A get together? A retirement party? Nope... so why your wedding? It's technically a party. It is a celebration of your union. Definition of wedding (1) a marriage

Inappropriate Questions

I am the queen of asking questions. I ask because I rather ask than assume, but I try not to ask inappropriate questions. If only others would do so too! Here are some I get and/or hear. “What grade are you in?” Um stupid motherf’er I am GROWN! Notice the diamonds on my left hand and my wedding band. The nice business casual clothes! This is a question I get atleast once a month from some random stupid person that don’t know me and they usually get a rude response. I mean if you are observant enough to look at me and think I’m that young you need to really be observant! And I’m a sistah, yes with a H! Yall know black don’t crack! “When are you due?” This one always makes me laugh when someone ask a woman who has a muffin top stomach and is NOT pregnant! I know it’s funny to me since I don’t get that question, but still how ignorant is that! “When are you having kids?” Um lets see, never! Why are you all in our sex life? I mean really! I am going to start saying, “We

The New Yorker Cover

I was not going to address the New Yorker’s broadly publicized cover, but since it’s all over the place I will! It portrays Democratic presidential candidate, Barack Obama, in a Muslim outfit and his wife, Michelle Obama, in a militant outfit. When I first say the cover on theybf I was very upset. I understand freedom of speech but wow! It seemed like a blatant attack on Obama’s campaign to me! I was appalled at how they put it up, on the cover of all places. Then to have the audacity to call it satire! I know it was sarcasm, but just like some jokes, it did not come across well. Atleast to me! I spent some of time on Monday and Tuesday reading responses and explanations to the cover. I was not as upset after reading some of them. Others made me want to scream. Tuesday, Obama was on Larry King Live. I really enjoyed this interview. At the beginning Larry King asked Obama what he made of the cover. His response: “Well, I know it was the "New Yorker's" attempt at satire. I