Skip to main content

Incomplete

After not feeling myself for about two weeks I decided I have to make some changes. I have been unhappy and unsatisfied in a few areas of my life. I have a problem with with internalizing things. This is  based on the fact that most people do not want to hear you vent and talk about your problems, fears, ect. Anyway... 

I know that I need a change. One bigger than I can do alone. I need a change, no blessing in my career. As far as romantic relationships need a change... maybe a break... no I need the right man. Personally I believe I have great friends. They are positive, supportive, God loving, and most of praying friends. But I know that I could even do better in that department.

While thinking about the changes I want I thought about the changes in my life since I came to Atlanta. Since I ended my marriage. Since I started graduate school. I noticed a few things that were consistent. Some good and some bad. God is the main good thing. Bad things included bad relationships, putting myself last, and settling for what came my way instead of fighting for the stuff I want!

I thought about this for a few days and the last day came across the online sermons I posted the other day. I felt like God was speaking to me. No, I know that God was speaking to me. I decided that I will go along with the plan on the sermon. The only part that I am not sure about, but considering, is going one year without dating. I must admit a piece of me is scared to not date that long. I'm 30 years and almost 3 months old (yes the months are important). I also want to be open to whoever God sends my way. But at the same time I feel that I came across those sermons for a reason. I think that I will stop focusing on dating and putting in work for it. Let things flow a bit more than I normally do in that department.

I also decided to add daily devotions to my daily activity. My Bible application on my phone had a devotion segment but I did not know how to find it since it was under a strange name. I start my morning with one and end my day with one. I also want to challenge myself personally again. I have not decided in what segment fully yet. I know I want to stop, ok reduce for a starter, cussing. I notice it gets out of hand around certain groups of people. I want to stop eventually though. Another option is not drinking again. I stopped drinking in late 2010 and did not start back until this year. I realize that this is an easy one since it is not a problem or a crutch. So I think I will work on the cussing.

I feel something happening in my life. I can't tell what but something is happening. I pray that it is God moving. I moving the wrong people and things out of my life while moving the right things in. My heart, mind, body, and spirit are tired in many ways. I feel overwhelmed and hopeless at times. I know that those feelings are not based in the Lord at all. I am going to work on making a closer relationship with him. Not only for the great changes but because anything... career, friend, or relationship wise... that comes my way should be based in him. I realize that is one of my faults throughout my adult life. I pray that I can make these changes and stick with them. I ask you, whoever you are reading this, to pray for me.

Comments

Erica said…
I'll pray for you. I ask that you do the same for me ; )

Popular posts from this blog

The Wedding Industry

Today while chatting with my girls we began discussing the wedding industry. The hoopla and money associate with a wedding. During this conversation I stated that how happy I am I didn’t stick with the original budget we had for our wedding. How I would be mad if I had spent that much now that I am married. Some times I feel like I am anti-weddings. It might be from being on The Knot (TK) since this past July. Or seeing couples, especially the women, put so much work, time and focus into their wedding and its over in a snap! Some spend a year or more planning their wedding. Researching, looking, buying and stressing over every detail of it and the day is over before you know it. I am NOT saying don’t do what YOU want, but do NOT get caught up in the hype! I mean seriously, would you put this much time in planning a party? A get together? A retirement party? Nope... so why your wedding? It's technically a party. It is a celebration of your union. Definition of wedding (1) a marriage

Inappropriate Questions

I am the queen of asking questions. I ask because I rather ask than assume, but I try not to ask inappropriate questions. If only others would do so too! Here are some I get and/or hear. “What grade are you in?” Um stupid motherf’er I am GROWN! Notice the diamonds on my left hand and my wedding band. The nice business casual clothes! This is a question I get atleast once a month from some random stupid person that don’t know me and they usually get a rude response. I mean if you are observant enough to look at me and think I’m that young you need to really be observant! And I’m a sistah, yes with a H! Yall know black don’t crack! “When are you due?” This one always makes me laugh when someone ask a woman who has a muffin top stomach and is NOT pregnant! I know it’s funny to me since I don’t get that question, but still how ignorant is that! “When are you having kids?” Um lets see, never! Why are you all in our sex life? I mean really! I am going to start saying, “We

The New Yorker Cover

I was not going to address the New Yorker’s broadly publicized cover, but since it’s all over the place I will! It portrays Democratic presidential candidate, Barack Obama, in a Muslim outfit and his wife, Michelle Obama, in a militant outfit. When I first say the cover on theybf I was very upset. I understand freedom of speech but wow! It seemed like a blatant attack on Obama’s campaign to me! I was appalled at how they put it up, on the cover of all places. Then to have the audacity to call it satire! I know it was sarcasm, but just like some jokes, it did not come across well. Atleast to me! I spent some of time on Monday and Tuesday reading responses and explanations to the cover. I was not as upset after reading some of them. Others made me want to scream. Tuesday, Obama was on Larry King Live. I really enjoyed this interview. At the beginning Larry King asked Obama what he made of the cover. His response: “Well, I know it was the "New Yorker's" attempt at satire. I