Skip to main content

Wedding Blog 3

Sept 18, 2007 ! "My Calm B4 The Storm"

My stress level is actually decreasing the closer the wedding gets! Which suprises me especially since we officially changed our date to Oct 7th on Sept 5th! Yes, I gave myself a month to put it together!

Things are working out quite well and I had one of my last meetings with the venue, photographer and coordinator. Of course I went with a venue where there are all at already, to save me time and stress! I decided not to go with their florist for my bouquet because I am going to try to DIY. I've been researching it and think I can pull it off. I wanted to do more parts myself but the time restriction is hindering that. Plus calla lillies are what I want but need to actually play with it a bit. Since we decided not make our bridal party rush and buy their dresses and tuxs, we are not using them in our ceremony and don't have to worry about their flowers.

I do still have a to do list... Guest book, wedding book, order our favors, his ring (still choosing the right one), his gift and bubbles for our exit from the reception. I want a different pair of shoes but the one's I have will work, so it's not a biggie! I'm proud my list is so small with 2 1/2 weeks to go!

I think he'll be happy when the day comes so our lives will return to regular conversation. It's strange for me to be in Atlanta while he's in Texas during this process. I kept most of the things we had planned at our July 5th, 08 venue / wedding. (I actually had to call to ask a few questions about what I chose! LOL) When all we have is our phone conversations it's strange to spend most of our daily phone calls with me discussing the wedding stuff that he can't see! I'm super happy we are getting married sooner than later, but not looking forward to moving to Germany within weeks of the wedding! But I am going to suck it up, not without some whinning, and be a good Army wife!

I think I've finally came up with part of what I am giving FI as a just before we go down the isle gift. Since he's been in Texas, in training, I've sent him little I Love You, I Miss You, ect cards everyweek or few days. He seems to really enjoy it and still gets suprised everytime he gets one. I plan to buy a card and write my lovely note on how I'm looking forward to seeing him at the end of the isle then address it and put a stamp on it, like how I send them now. Then have one of my bm deliver it with whatever gift I finally choose! I know how he is and he'd think it's cute. Maybe it's cheesy but that's who we are!!! LOL

I've also decided to ask our guest in a note by the guest book to email us pics from our day. I am a ametur photographer myself and love love I say love, taking pics (normally WAY too many) and editing them. As a result I love candid photos more than the posed ones. I am looking forward to all the photos from our day from different angles. I dout guest will mind and that will probably encourage them to take more!

Well... I am going to end this for now... I gave the blog this title because my next one probably won't seem so calm, hopefully it will but probably not!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wedding Industry

Today while chatting with my girls we began discussing the wedding industry. The hoopla and money associate with a wedding. During this conversation I stated that how happy I am I didn’t stick with the original budget we had for our wedding. How I would be mad if I had spent that much now that I am married. Some times I feel like I am anti-weddings. It might be from being on The Knot (TK) since this past July. Or seeing couples, especially the women, put so much work, time and focus into their wedding and its over in a snap! Some spend a year or more planning their wedding. Researching, looking, buying and stressing over every detail of it and the day is over before you know it. I am NOT saying don’t do what YOU want, but do NOT get caught up in the hype! I mean seriously, would you put this much time in planning a party? A get together? A retirement party? Nope... so why your wedding? It's technically a party. It is a celebration of your union. Definition of wedding (1) a marriage

Inappropriate Questions

I am the queen of asking questions. I ask because I rather ask than assume, but I try not to ask inappropriate questions. If only others would do so too! Here are some I get and/or hear. “What grade are you in?” Um stupid motherf’er I am GROWN! Notice the diamonds on my left hand and my wedding band. The nice business casual clothes! This is a question I get atleast once a month from some random stupid person that don’t know me and they usually get a rude response. I mean if you are observant enough to look at me and think I’m that young you need to really be observant! And I’m a sistah, yes with a H! Yall know black don’t crack! “When are you due?” This one always makes me laugh when someone ask a woman who has a muffin top stomach and is NOT pregnant! I know it’s funny to me since I don’t get that question, but still how ignorant is that! “When are you having kids?” Um lets see, never! Why are you all in our sex life? I mean really! I am going to start saying, “We

The New Yorker Cover

I was not going to address the New Yorker’s broadly publicized cover, but since it’s all over the place I will! It portrays Democratic presidential candidate, Barack Obama, in a Muslim outfit and his wife, Michelle Obama, in a militant outfit. When I first say the cover on theybf I was very upset. I understand freedom of speech but wow! It seemed like a blatant attack on Obama’s campaign to me! I was appalled at how they put it up, on the cover of all places. Then to have the audacity to call it satire! I know it was sarcasm, but just like some jokes, it did not come across well. Atleast to me! I spent some of time on Monday and Tuesday reading responses and explanations to the cover. I was not as upset after reading some of them. Others made me want to scream. Tuesday, Obama was on Larry King Live. I really enjoyed this interview. At the beginning Larry King asked Obama what he made of the cover. His response: “Well, I know it was the "New Yorker's" attempt at satire. I