Skip to main content

Pet Peeve

I have several pet peeves which anyone who knows me can tell you. I'm going to share with you the definition before discussing mine.

A pet peeve is defined as is a minor annoyance that can instill great frustration in an individual. Pet peeves involve complaints about specific behaviors, rather than general dissatisfaction. They often involve specific behaviors of someone close, such as a spouse or significant other. These behaviors may involve disrespect, manners, personal hygiene, relationships, and family issues. Often a pet peeve will seem illogical to others.

Here are some of mine:

Whinny grown folks!

AHHHH I swear this is my biggest pet peeve for several reasons.
First off, it is annoying as all hell! Most of the time they are whining about stuff that is a part of life. Bills, traffic, family and other things that WE ALL deal with. Or things that come with a situation. Like if you live in a dorm setting why complain about those in the building playing music loud or not cleaning up after each other. That's what happens in dorms so why would your experience / situation be any different! We've all dealt with that is some way either in dormitory or with a roommate.

Second of all, some people become so accustomed to whining that they don't even notice they're doing it. I was one of them. My mother allowed me to whine when I didn't get my way or didn't like something. I realized one day that complaining isn't changing the situation or making those around me want to deal with me. This trait is even more annoying because they don't understand your annoyance with them.

Third, Grown Ass Men who whine! I do not understand this. At least with women I try to give the benefit of having hormones. I already think if you are a grown up, which to me means over the age of 18. No wait, I will give them until age 21, so they can have a drink to forget their problems! Like I was saying, if you are a grown up you need to learn to work out your problems by figuring them out or talking them out. A man who doesn't do that isn't a MAN in my eyes. He's still a youngin' trying to play grown up. I mean what woman wants you runing around about to piss on yourself when sh!t hits the fan? I sure as hell don't know any!

People Who Always Have Something To Say About Someone Else

We all know at least one, if not more! They have plenty of issues of their own but must tell you about what so-n-so should of done or said. Maybe having so many issues makes them think they have the right to hand out advice. It's all good when someone ask or it's general conversation, but NOT when you are stating your "opinions" like you have a counseling degree. Even counselors don't just say what you should do or not do!

I do think some of these types of folks just have a lot to say in general. They tell all their business and yours too. So them telling you what so-n-so did and what they would have done if they were in that situation isn't a stretch for them.

People who think they're better than others

We all have different backgrounds and life experiences. These things and many more make us who we are. I do not feel that having money makes someone better. Or that a person with a degree from a prestigious college is better than a person who graduated from a HBCU. I especially do not think that someone who grew up in a medium or higher class neighborhood is better than someone who grew up in a lower class neighborhood. I'm using these as examples because you often see these as reasons why some people "think" they are better than others.

I think we have ALL been somewhere and may have looked at someone like they were less because of how they were dressed, talked or even where they worked. We need to ask for forgiveness and remember we have all been in place where we could be looked at as if we were less. NO ONE is perfect. There will always be someone who looks better, talks better, has a better job, car and house; has more education and even a better family. We should always strive be better people all around. Not just our careers or houses but our personalities.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wedding Industry

Today while chatting with my girls we began discussing the wedding industry. The hoopla and money associate with a wedding. During this conversation I stated that how happy I am I didn’t stick with the original budget we had for our wedding. How I would be mad if I had spent that much now that I am married. Some times I feel like I am anti-weddings. It might be from being on The Knot (TK) since this past July. Or seeing couples, especially the women, put so much work, time and focus into their wedding and its over in a snap! Some spend a year or more planning their wedding. Researching, looking, buying and stressing over every detail of it and the day is over before you know it. I am NOT saying don’t do what YOU want, but do NOT get caught up in the hype! I mean seriously, would you put this much time in planning a party? A get together? A retirement party? Nope... so why your wedding? It's technically a party. It is a celebration of your union. Definition of wedding (1) a marriage

Inappropriate Questions

I am the queen of asking questions. I ask because I rather ask than assume, but I try not to ask inappropriate questions. If only others would do so too! Here are some I get and/or hear. “What grade are you in?” Um stupid motherf’er I am GROWN! Notice the diamonds on my left hand and my wedding band. The nice business casual clothes! This is a question I get atleast once a month from some random stupid person that don’t know me and they usually get a rude response. I mean if you are observant enough to look at me and think I’m that young you need to really be observant! And I’m a sistah, yes with a H! Yall know black don’t crack! “When are you due?” This one always makes me laugh when someone ask a woman who has a muffin top stomach and is NOT pregnant! I know it’s funny to me since I don’t get that question, but still how ignorant is that! “When are you having kids?” Um lets see, never! Why are you all in our sex life? I mean really! I am going to start saying, “We

The New Yorker Cover

I was not going to address the New Yorker’s broadly publicized cover, but since it’s all over the place I will! It portrays Democratic presidential candidate, Barack Obama, in a Muslim outfit and his wife, Michelle Obama, in a militant outfit. When I first say the cover on theybf I was very upset. I understand freedom of speech but wow! It seemed like a blatant attack on Obama’s campaign to me! I was appalled at how they put it up, on the cover of all places. Then to have the audacity to call it satire! I know it was sarcasm, but just like some jokes, it did not come across well. Atleast to me! I spent some of time on Monday and Tuesday reading responses and explanations to the cover. I was not as upset after reading some of them. Others made me want to scream. Tuesday, Obama was on Larry King Live. I really enjoyed this interview. At the beginning Larry King asked Obama what he made of the cover. His response: “Well, I know it was the "New Yorker's" attempt at satire. I