Skip to main content

Slacker

Yes I know I am one! I really need to start writing, in some form, everyday! Especially since I want to organize my poetry into book form and start writing a book in 2008! Practice will help. Though I have to practice!

I left the company, again, that I was with off and on for 4 years two weeks ago tomorrow. The next day I started working for a close family friend who's an interior designer. She had asked me to come work for her but I kept hoping the other work situation would work out. I didn't really plan ahead on the quitting. I was having a rough day at work, which unfortunately had became normal. I called Redd in tears and he told me that if I wanted to I should quit. He's told me before, which he pointed out, but I always hoped for the best and stayed. He explained how much stress it was adding to my life which I didn't need!

After I decided to really quit I actually had to tell them. They knew I was leaving whenever Redd got his duty station. That's what they thought was the case I explained it wasn't that. They seemed surprised and told me to take a week and let them know if I was sure. I was VERY SURE. I may ONE DAY go back to the company but in no way that location unless a WHOLE LOT changes. I called my new boss and asked if she still wanted me to work for her. She asked me to start the next day. The job is better and is not structured at all. I get to run errands, organize her office and will start creating her website soon.

The morning after I quit I felt like a new person. It was like a burden had been lifted. It's amazing how much one thing can effect you so much. I've realized that I have to let the things go that don't work. I've done it in relationships and friendships, but really realized it in the career aspect with this situation. I'm the queen of walking away from stuff and have to one other job but that was because of a better offer. Which turned out to be the "burden" I just left.
I'm not going to look for another job until we know where will be living. We would of known this week but with the holiday the military is bs'ing.

Other news: Niya is doing great in Kindergarten. She's learning to read and ask how to spell everything! It's amazing to look at her now and remember just 5 years ago she was a few months old. My oldest niece 16th birthday was earlier this month! I remember when she was born! Time flies. I know I will look back at this year one day like WOW!

Thanksgiving is tomorrow. My sister and I split up the food between us. Redd will still be in Texas though last week we thought he'd be home for the holiday. Niya is going to NC with her dad to visit his family. I have them in my prayers since it will be their first holiday since his father passed away. Redd's mother is visiting his sister in-law. My grandmother and mother will be joining my sister, nieces and I for dinner.

Happy Thanksgiving All.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wedding Industry

Today while chatting with my girls we began discussing the wedding industry. The hoopla and money associate with a wedding. During this conversation I stated that how happy I am I didn’t stick with the original budget we had for our wedding. How I would be mad if I had spent that much now that I am married. Some times I feel like I am anti-weddings. It might be from being on The Knot (TK) since this past July. Or seeing couples, especially the women, put so much work, time and focus into their wedding and its over in a snap! Some spend a year or more planning their wedding. Researching, looking, buying and stressing over every detail of it and the day is over before you know it. I am NOT saying don’t do what YOU want, but do NOT get caught up in the hype! I mean seriously, would you put this much time in planning a party? A get together? A retirement party? Nope... so why your wedding? It's technically a party. It is a celebration of your union. Definition of wedding (1) a marriage

Inappropriate Questions

I am the queen of asking questions. I ask because I rather ask than assume, but I try not to ask inappropriate questions. If only others would do so too! Here are some I get and/or hear. “What grade are you in?” Um stupid motherf’er I am GROWN! Notice the diamonds on my left hand and my wedding band. The nice business casual clothes! This is a question I get atleast once a month from some random stupid person that don’t know me and they usually get a rude response. I mean if you are observant enough to look at me and think I’m that young you need to really be observant! And I’m a sistah, yes with a H! Yall know black don’t crack! “When are you due?” This one always makes me laugh when someone ask a woman who has a muffin top stomach and is NOT pregnant! I know it’s funny to me since I don’t get that question, but still how ignorant is that! “When are you having kids?” Um lets see, never! Why are you all in our sex life? I mean really! I am going to start saying, “We

The New Yorker Cover

I was not going to address the New Yorker’s broadly publicized cover, but since it’s all over the place I will! It portrays Democratic presidential candidate, Barack Obama, in a Muslim outfit and his wife, Michelle Obama, in a militant outfit. When I first say the cover on theybf I was very upset. I understand freedom of speech but wow! It seemed like a blatant attack on Obama’s campaign to me! I was appalled at how they put it up, on the cover of all places. Then to have the audacity to call it satire! I know it was sarcasm, but just like some jokes, it did not come across well. Atleast to me! I spent some of time on Monday and Tuesday reading responses and explanations to the cover. I was not as upset after reading some of them. Others made me want to scream. Tuesday, Obama was on Larry King Live. I really enjoyed this interview. At the beginning Larry King asked Obama what he made of the cover. His response: “Well, I know it was the "New Yorker's" attempt at satire. I