Skip to main content

Balance

Over the last year I have learned a lot more about myself. I’ve had the chance to add, subtract, reduce and increase many things in my life. I have come to realize that sometimes we desire a change in our lives, but when we get the change it isn’t the way we planned it to be. I know that we as humans can not plan how things actually play out but we all make a blueprint of what we plan. Many times what we plan and what actually happens are different.

I realize now that many things are in our lives for a reason and without (or a reduced amount) we are not complete. This may be our jobs, friends, family, and more. Everything plays apart in making us whole. I know this now.

I made a career change in November. As a result I was working part time. At first I loved having so much free time, but after the first month found myself bored. After having this time, I realize I have to a find balance between all the things in my life. These things include work, family, myself, friends, hobbies and more. They complement each other in my life.

I found myself feeling incomplete the last month or so. I couldn’t figure out why. I realized it was my career. As much as I thought I would enjoy the free time, I actually had too much and was not managing it well. Plus I had to cut back on my shopping and was NOT happy about that.

I have felt that incomplete feeling before. As a result of the lack of good relationships and friendships. Missing someone or something. Having a major change in my life and not knowing what to do next. I’ve also felt it when I need to get rid of things hold me down or pulling me in the wrong directions. I now realize that incomplete feeling is my body and souls way of telling me things. I am learning more and more about myself each day. I truly am being coming a better me and that’s what I’ve been working toward.
I love, self-love!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wedding Industry

Today while chatting with my girls we began discussing the wedding industry. The hoopla and money associate with a wedding. During this conversation I stated that how happy I am I didn’t stick with the original budget we had for our wedding. How I would be mad if I had spent that much now that I am married. Some times I feel like I am anti-weddings. It might be from being on The Knot (TK) since this past July. Or seeing couples, especially the women, put so much work, time and focus into their wedding and its over in a snap! Some spend a year or more planning their wedding. Researching, looking, buying and stressing over every detail of it and the day is over before you know it. I am NOT saying don’t do what YOU want, but do NOT get caught up in the hype! I mean seriously, would you put this much time in planning a party? A get together? A retirement party? Nope... so why your wedding? It's technically a party. It is a celebration of your union. Definition of wedding (1) a marriage

Inappropriate Questions

I am the queen of asking questions. I ask because I rather ask than assume, but I try not to ask inappropriate questions. If only others would do so too! Here are some I get and/or hear. “What grade are you in?” Um stupid motherf’er I am GROWN! Notice the diamonds on my left hand and my wedding band. The nice business casual clothes! This is a question I get atleast once a month from some random stupid person that don’t know me and they usually get a rude response. I mean if you are observant enough to look at me and think I’m that young you need to really be observant! And I’m a sistah, yes with a H! Yall know black don’t crack! “When are you due?” This one always makes me laugh when someone ask a woman who has a muffin top stomach and is NOT pregnant! I know it’s funny to me since I don’t get that question, but still how ignorant is that! “When are you having kids?” Um lets see, never! Why are you all in our sex life? I mean really! I am going to start saying, “We

The New Yorker Cover

I was not going to address the New Yorker’s broadly publicized cover, but since it’s all over the place I will! It portrays Democratic presidential candidate, Barack Obama, in a Muslim outfit and his wife, Michelle Obama, in a militant outfit. When I first say the cover on theybf I was very upset. I understand freedom of speech but wow! It seemed like a blatant attack on Obama’s campaign to me! I was appalled at how they put it up, on the cover of all places. Then to have the audacity to call it satire! I know it was sarcasm, but just like some jokes, it did not come across well. Atleast to me! I spent some of time on Monday and Tuesday reading responses and explanations to the cover. I was not as upset after reading some of them. Others made me want to scream. Tuesday, Obama was on Larry King Live. I really enjoyed this interview. At the beginning Larry King asked Obama what he made of the cover. His response: “Well, I know it was the "New Yorker's" attempt at satire. I