Skip to main content

Rough day

Today was a rough day for sure. I am in transition in many ways... education, career, internally, and romantically.  It gets frustrating some days not being where I want to be in any of those segments yet. And part of getting where you want to be is choosing the path wisely. I have to follow my gut and heart about what paths I use to get my desires in all of these aspect.

Please do not think I'm sad or unfulfilled completely. I have so much joy and happiness in my life. I honestly have the best friends in the world. They are supportive and inspirations, each of them in their own way. I have been blessed to have several different groups of girlfriends. I think God knew that I needed different ones for the different segments of my life. I am the happiest and incomplete I have ever been at the same time.

I know that this is a step to the outcome. I am still struggling with the idea of being career focused... well I should say oriented. I am not that kind of person. I am a family focus person. I rather focus on taking care of my child and mate. I love fulfilling those needs. Career... job... is just a check. But now it is a focus to get the things I want.

Romantically... I am developing something with a special guy. I pray about it daily. I want to love again but the right person. I want to it to be him, I can not lie about that. After putting 2 years into a relationship that we equally realized was not giving me the happiness level I needed. I have to be sure that I am investing in something that makes me happy first and foremost. At this time it's hard to fully determine that because of the situation. But in my gut I know there's something special here... So we will see. I know that some people are meant for seasons versus decades so we'll see.

The strange thing I have noticed since being single again... is that I do not get lonely. Not that I use to often but I have not in the almost 5 months I've been single. I am not sure how I feel about that yet, but will let you all know when I do! I guess it shows a level of growth. Who knows... Like today I did not feel lonely I craved companionship... ok cuddling... from 'him'. That was not possible and I was ok with it. Where I would normally feel some sort of loneliness. I chose not to reach out to any friends to talk, did not feel like complaining about my day, rather I chose working on the plan of action. Something I probably do too much. I know I should vent more but I do not. After the cuddle need was removed, I wanted to write. I wanted to get my thoughts out. But the responsible adult in me wanted to do school work first. Damn her! So here I am at almost midnight at the end of a rough day at work, siting in traffic for a hour to go to class, and half way paying attention in a two and a half hour class... listening to my favorite Pandora station writing and feeling better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wedding Industry

Today while chatting with my girls we began discussing the wedding industry. The hoopla and money associate with a wedding. During this conversation I stated that how happy I am I didn’t stick with the original budget we had for our wedding. How I would be mad if I had spent that much now that I am married. Some times I feel like I am anti-weddings. It might be from being on The Knot (TK) since this past July. Or seeing couples, especially the women, put so much work, time and focus into their wedding and its over in a snap! Some spend a year or more planning their wedding. Researching, looking, buying and stressing over every detail of it and the day is over before you know it. I am NOT saying don’t do what YOU want, but do NOT get caught up in the hype! I mean seriously, would you put this much time in planning a party? A get together? A retirement party? Nope... so why your wedding? It's technically a party. It is a celebration of your union. Definition of wedding (1) a marriage

Inappropriate Questions

I am the queen of asking questions. I ask because I rather ask than assume, but I try not to ask inappropriate questions. If only others would do so too! Here are some I get and/or hear. “What grade are you in?” Um stupid motherf’er I am GROWN! Notice the diamonds on my left hand and my wedding band. The nice business casual clothes! This is a question I get atleast once a month from some random stupid person that don’t know me and they usually get a rude response. I mean if you are observant enough to look at me and think I’m that young you need to really be observant! And I’m a sistah, yes with a H! Yall know black don’t crack! “When are you due?” This one always makes me laugh when someone ask a woman who has a muffin top stomach and is NOT pregnant! I know it’s funny to me since I don’t get that question, but still how ignorant is that! “When are you having kids?” Um lets see, never! Why are you all in our sex life? I mean really! I am going to start saying, “We

The New Yorker Cover

I was not going to address the New Yorker’s broadly publicized cover, but since it’s all over the place I will! It portrays Democratic presidential candidate, Barack Obama, in a Muslim outfit and his wife, Michelle Obama, in a militant outfit. When I first say the cover on theybf I was very upset. I understand freedom of speech but wow! It seemed like a blatant attack on Obama’s campaign to me! I was appalled at how they put it up, on the cover of all places. Then to have the audacity to call it satire! I know it was sarcasm, but just like some jokes, it did not come across well. Atleast to me! I spent some of time on Monday and Tuesday reading responses and explanations to the cover. I was not as upset after reading some of them. Others made me want to scream. Tuesday, Obama was on Larry King Live. I really enjoyed this interview. At the beginning Larry King asked Obama what he made of the cover. His response: “Well, I know it was the "New Yorker's" attempt at satire. I