Skip to main content

Denita's Birthday

Today is my friend Denita's 27th birthday. Sadly she is not here to celebrate it because her life was taking Jan 2007.

I never lost anyone close to me, not even a family member, so loosing a good friend to murder hit me hard. Not to mention she was murdered the day of my father funeral. To see a great person and someone my age be taken away during the prime of her life changed my view on life. I know that she is in a better place with her bright smile and laugh, but it still hurts.

It hurts in ways I can not explain. In 3 months I will turn 27, and I always think of Denita on my birthday and hers. It's so not to be angry, not just at her life being taken but because there has been no justice no answer no anything! I know people in the court system and have had it explained NUMEROUS time that murder trails take a while to go to court. But that doesn't change my feelings, my pain, my memories...

My only joy is knowing that she is in heaven. No, that's not it. It's also knowing how many lives she touched. In her memory I started a memorial group on facebook. Reading what people have said about her has helped me a ton. Realizing that this amazing woman touched soooo many folks.

My heart is heavy and I wanted to share how I feel. I know it will be ok. I know that justice will be served, on earth or later. But this is how I feel right now...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice post! thanks for sharing... Blessings and happy holidays...shalom soraya

Popular posts from this blog

The Wedding Industry

Today while chatting with my girls we began discussing the wedding industry. The hoopla and money associate with a wedding. During this conversation I stated that how happy I am I didn’t stick with the original budget we had for our wedding. How I would be mad if I had spent that much now that I am married. Some times I feel like I am anti-weddings. It might be from being on The Knot (TK) since this past July. Or seeing couples, especially the women, put so much work, time and focus into their wedding and its over in a snap! Some spend a year or more planning their wedding. Researching, looking, buying and stressing over every detail of it and the day is over before you know it. I am NOT saying don’t do what YOU want, but do NOT get caught up in the hype! I mean seriously, would you put this much time in planning a party? A get together? A retirement party? Nope... so why your wedding? It's technically a party. It is a celebration of your union. Definition of wedding (1) a marriage

Inappropriate Questions

I am the queen of asking questions. I ask because I rather ask than assume, but I try not to ask inappropriate questions. If only others would do so too! Here are some I get and/or hear. “What grade are you in?” Um stupid motherf’er I am GROWN! Notice the diamonds on my left hand and my wedding band. The nice business casual clothes! This is a question I get atleast once a month from some random stupid person that don’t know me and they usually get a rude response. I mean if you are observant enough to look at me and think I’m that young you need to really be observant! And I’m a sistah, yes with a H! Yall know black don’t crack! “When are you due?” This one always makes me laugh when someone ask a woman who has a muffin top stomach and is NOT pregnant! I know it’s funny to me since I don’t get that question, but still how ignorant is that! “When are you having kids?” Um lets see, never! Why are you all in our sex life? I mean really! I am going to start saying, “We

The New Yorker Cover

I was not going to address the New Yorker’s broadly publicized cover, but since it’s all over the place I will! It portrays Democratic presidential candidate, Barack Obama, in a Muslim outfit and his wife, Michelle Obama, in a militant outfit. When I first say the cover on theybf I was very upset. I understand freedom of speech but wow! It seemed like a blatant attack on Obama’s campaign to me! I was appalled at how they put it up, on the cover of all places. Then to have the audacity to call it satire! I know it was sarcasm, but just like some jokes, it did not come across well. Atleast to me! I spent some of time on Monday and Tuesday reading responses and explanations to the cover. I was not as upset after reading some of them. Others made me want to scream. Tuesday, Obama was on Larry King Live. I really enjoyed this interview. At the beginning Larry King asked Obama what he made of the cover. His response: “Well, I know it was the "New Yorker's" attempt at satire. I